Saturday, July 9, 2011

Coffee Martini!

Tomorrow we embark our first ever family vacation Kris, Miss Lu, Mr Man, Miss El and I will be piling into a car and making the 9 hour trek to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  We have mess of activities planned including a shipwreck tour of Lake Superior but biggest on my list though is a course in pasty making from the master, Kris' mother...

Since we both work and have only been picking at the pre-vacation list we have quite a bit to do today and probability just a little bit of stress.  I have the potion to get through the day though.  It started about a week ago I read an article on Coffee Infused Vodka...

OK if you follow this at all you know I was obsessed. 

The Vodka was easy
2-3 TBS whole bean coffee
1 tsp Sugar
2 Cups Vodka
Smash up the coffee beans between two spoons put that into a bottle add the sugar then the two cups of Vodka.  Cover and set aside.

Two things to note here:
  1. Everything I read said that the sugar is necessary, then offered some explanations that involved chemistry, instead of reading a whole lot about it i just trusted them.
  2.  When it comes to infusing the vodka I read everything from setting it on the counter for 6 hours to in the freezer for 8 days.  I left my bottle on the counter overnight the tossed it in the freezer for a couple of days then back on the counter for another overnight.
After it was ready  (by ready I mean smelled like coffee) I strained it through a coffee filter.

For the Coffee Martini
3 oz Coffee Infused Vodka
1 oz chocolate Liqueur
Sweetened Condensed Milk (as a garnish)

Poor a light stream of sweetened condensed milk into you martini glass then drop in a couple of coffee beans as a garnish.  Pour your Coffee Vodka and Chocolate Liqueur into a shaker with plenty of ice shake and serve.

This odd little concoction really did it!  It is like all of my favorites mixed together and and served up cold!  Plus on a so many levels it gets me ready to face the day.

5 comments:

  1. Who is driving? = ) Hope you have a great vacation.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacay, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you drink it for breakfast?

    Have a wonderful trip and remember to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading up on cocktail making recently. This looks like just the thing Mister would like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I could use one of these now. I have a long night of packing ahead of me. Thank you for sharing this recipe with me. I hope you are having a blessed week, my friend. Safe travels! Much love!

    ReplyDelete