Sunday, May 30, 2010

A weekend off

Ok so I have 3-4 posts kind of in the works, some started, some with pictures, but really none of them seem appropriate for a holiday weekend especially the unofficial opening of BBQ season.  You will see in the next couple of weeks what I mean but for today they just aren't right.  I tend to make things when they suit me not really in association with the weather, I mean I cooked out when my grill looked like this:

Anyway as the weather warmed up I have made some recipes more suited to cooking inside instead of out, it just seems out of place for Memorial Day weekend.  So what do I do?  Well drink recipe of course.  I don't really have a name for the recipe, once I had a drink I didn't care really if you want to call it something you can or you could just drink one and well you won't care either.

Here it is:
The Tea:
4 Green tea bags
2 big bunches of mint (maybe 15 leaves)
Steep in about a quart and a half of hot water.
The Sweetener:
Ginger infused simple syrup is 1/2 cup Sugar 1/2 cup water and about an inch cube of ginger cut up.. here is the process.

The rest is simple in a pint glass put in a handful of ice cubes, then add
1/4 cup dark rum
2 TBLS ginger simple syrup
Top off with the cold green tea, add a slice of lime and a sprig of mint for a garnish, sit back and enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. wE DRINK MINT TEA EVERYDAY IN mOROCCO. i LIKE THE GINGER SWEETENER. iT HAS TO BE DELICIOUS. eNJOY mEMORIAL WEEKEND!


    Nisrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and recipe! I love that you take tea, loaded with antioxidants, and add rum--you are my kind of guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and intoxicating what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Just met you on another blog and thought I'd check you out. I'm glad I did. Can't wait to read more. And, we must be sort of neighbors--at least near Chicago!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of minty gingery green tea spiked with rum! Why have I never thought to add rum to iced green tea before? It sounds like the perfect refreshing summer drink! I am totally making these for our next BBQ!

    ReplyDelete