Friday, July 17, 2009

The Hot Toddy


Yesterday I took the day off of work because I was sick, I tried to think of the last time I called into work for that reason, for the life of me I couldn't think of a time when that had happened before. The day was spent mostly going from watching TV and napping to reading a trashy mystery novel and napping. I have something resembling a bad cold with headache and cough.

As I was getting ready to go to bed at about 8:30 I decided to make a Hot Toddy to to take the edge off of my symptoms. A Hot Toddy is a wonderful warm and soothing drink that will sooth a cough give me a little push towards sleep. This one had:

6 oz water
2 1/2 oz Bourbon
1 Tbs Honey
slice of lemon.

Put the water in the microwave until hot then add the other ingredients and stir. The honey and lemon took the edge off my cough and the Bourbon... well you know what that does. I held my cup with both hands and walked to the bedroom with it. The warm cup and the sweet smell were already starting to relax me. I sat in bed and slowly drank most of it, though honestly I fell asleep before I finished.

1 comment:

  1. There is so many versions of the Hot Toddy, I think every family has a grandma that gave it to them when they were under the weather. An awesome cure all that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete