Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Refreshment


A Few days ago I made Agua Fresca for a light refreshing beverage. It is a drink made with fresh fruit like Watermelon, Mangos or Honeydew with a little water and flavor. The first time I had this I remember thinking that it just made me happy and when I found out how simple it was I was sold. That one was made with Watermelon, since then I have learned to shake them up a bit, so to speak.




The easiest is Watermelon:


2 cups of Watermelon cut large

3-4 cups cold water

2 TSP of Simple Syrup really to taste

Juice from 2 limes


Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix, you dont want to put ice in this so be sure to serve it well chilled.




The ones that I made a few days ago were a little different, I had Strawberries Watermelon and Blueberries for our Memorial Day Cookout. I carried the Red White an Blue theme through the meal as much as I could for fun.


1 cup Watermelon

1 cup of Strawberries and blueberries mixed

3-4 cups cold water

2 TSP Simple Syrup

Juice from 2 Limes


Put it all in the Blender and mix. The Strawberries and Blueberries have quite a bit of pulp when blended so you need to put this through a screen strainer before you serve this, make sure it is ICE Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment