Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dr. Pepper Wings





Here is one of my favorites this is Chicken Wings done on the Charcoal Grill it is so easy to prepare and always a hit!

They are so easy, first I poor about 12 oz of Dr. Pepper (Coke or Pepsi as long as it isn't diet) into a sauce pan with about 6 oz of hot sauce, (that is most of a bottle) pick your favorite I used "Louisiana Hot Sauce" because it was on sale. Put the Chicken wings in the sauce pan and set on the grill.

After about 10 minutes take the wings out of the sauce and put them directly on the grill top for about 10 minutes, turning once. Then put them back in the sauce repeat the process for about 45 minutes to an hour. As you cook them the sauce starts to caramelize and thicken a little which is exactly what you want. Each time you take them out of the sauce pan and onto the grill it sticks a little more.

In the end the coating is thick, sweet and spicy and the flavor goes all the way to the bone. These I did the traditional dip in Bleu Cheese Dressing and had them for a light dinner.

The sauce that is left in the pan is sooo good! Thick, spicy and sweet, I am not sure what to do with it, but I saved it this time. I will find a good use for it and write about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment