Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lime Ginger Green Beans


Yesterday I made a side dish that I was very pleased with, I have always liked the flavor of Ginger, fresh that is, it bears so little resemblance to it's dried counterpart you can hardly call them the same thing. This dish was very easy to prepare first I trimmed then blanched some fresh green beans (a good sized hand full, I didn't measure at all) then shocked them in an ice bath and set them aside until I was ready for them. In this case I was baking some chicken and making pasta too so I wanted to get the timing right.




I melted 1 1/2 TBS Butter then added about a tsp of fresh minced ginger and the grated zest of one lime and a quick squeeze of the lime juice. When it was time I tossed in the blanched Green Beans and Sauteed for about 5 minutes.



This was really a wonderful dish, the warm feeling that you get from fresh ginger and the bright pop that lime zest adds. I shouldn't have served it with Chicken though, the flavor took over the meal. It would have worked better with beef or something with a bolder flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment