Monday, May 11, 2009

05-11-09 Mother's day




So my mom visited us on Mother's day, My wife works for FTD in the IT department so she was pretty busy at work and we couldn't go to my mom's house. I for one hate going to brunch/lunch on Mother's day, mostly from the memory of waiting tables then cooking in a restaurant on that day. I rather enjoy cooking at home anyway I made a Citrus Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Cheesy Grilled Potatoes, and Grilled Radicchio. The meal started with a Mango Jicama Slaw served on top of Butter Lettuce, you can see the picture.

The Slaw contains:
2 Oranges segmented
1/2 a Red Onion diced
2 Mango's julienned
1/4 pound Jicama julienned
Garlic
Lime zest
Cilantro
Orange Juice and a splash of Tequila


Early that day I peeled and segmented the Oranges diced the Red Onion and added the Mangos and Jicama. I grated two cloves of garlic on a micro grater then grated the zest of one lime being careful not to get too much of the white in the slaw. I chopped the Cilantro added the OJ, just a bit a Tequila and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. I let this sit for about three hours, about as long as the Tenderloin marinated. After I put the rest of lunch on the grill I broke up one head of Butter Lettuce, put the slaw on the plates and topped with just a bit of Chopped Cilantro. I served it with a Citrus Vinaigrette.
I made that with:
1/2 Cup OJ
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Juice from 2 limes
Cilantro
Zest from one lime
Garlic
about 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard to bind it
I put that in a blender and emulsified and served that on the side. The Vinaigrette worked well as a dressing for the Salad/Slaw or as a light sauce for the Pork Tenderloin.




No comments:

Post a Comment