Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grill Season




I love to grill out in the Spring and Summer from Hamburgers to Brats, marinated Chicken or Vegetables so many foods lend themselves to the charcoal grill. I actually like to use Charwood instead of Charcoal I find that it is a little easier to control... the more air I allow in the hotter it is close the cover and it cools pretty quickly. To me it is very easy to work with. A couple of days ago I picked up some steaks, a small tenderloin for my Lovely Bride and a NY strip for me and some fresh Mushrooms. Just before I lit the grill I cooked the Mushrooms.
I started with Minced Garlic and clarified butter in a saute pan while those were going I sliced up half an onion and put it in the pan and then put in the quartered mushrooms (these are Baby Bellas).
That is about when I lit the grill, I use a chimney to it is ready in 10 minutes while during that time I added salt, pepper and a little Bourbon to my mushrooms and did a quick flambe, that burned off the liquid in the pan, put on a show for the kids and added a nice flavor to the mushroom saute.
While that was cooking down I put the steaks on the grill and got them going, about 3 minutes on one side then turned them over and added my mushrooms to the top, closed the lid and let them cook for 4-5 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment